Thursday, February 17, 2005

Manifesto

This is not going to be one of those silly and pretentious "writing life" journals. First off, if I actually had an interesting life, I would be living it, not writing about it. Secondly, I find that writing about my work in progress often has the highly undesirable side effect of squandering the energy required to actually finish the work.


Instead, this blog has its genesis in my daily mailbag, which always seems to contain at least a few messages from aspiring writers seeking advice on the craft, trade, and business of writing for professional publication.


We will leave discussions of the Art of writing for those who possess finer sensibilities than we enjoy. Herewith, we begin a dialogue with those who enjoy getting their hands greasy, monkeying about with the nuts and bolts of the writing trade.