Friday, April 18, 2008

The Friday Challenge - 4/18/08

And the winner of the previous Friday Challenge is (drum roll, please):

Snowdog.

Al gets points for evoking both one of Lucas's more ham-handed moves (naming the villain "Gnewt Bungray") and that annoying little robot from the Buck Rogers TV series ("beedee beedee"); Sean gets special credit for having her be bitten by a radioactive redneck baby and as a result developing built-in cellulite-powered rockets (that was sick, dude); and Mrs. Mike clearly has some serious kinks. (Bilton? You'd better keep an eye on her, Mike.) Henry, I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to steal, "Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It shouldn't be wearing tights!" That's too good not to use again. And special kudos to Ben-El, whose late entry managed to quantum-leap the character and both do horrible things to Henry V and dredge up an even more obscure WWII factoid than even I know.

Vidad, your entry was, as usual, wonderful, and I'm still snickering over the image of John McCain biting the heads off of rabbits. I think I'll be seeing that one every time I see his face, for I don't know how many years to come. But in the end, I had to pick snowdog's entry, because it was the best story of the whole bunch. So snowdog, come on down.

Now, as for this week's Friday Challenge —

Honestly, it's the dragging tail-end of a heck of a week, and while I've got a fiendishly clever challenge for you this time, I'm just too tired to get it all worked out and posted tonight. So it'll get posted Saturday.

Cheers,
~brb