Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Department of Shameless Self-Promotion

Okay, I just received my author's copies of Investigating CSI, so presumably this means the book is either in stores now or will be arriving shortly.

I'm decently pleased with my contribution to this one. It's not the most scintillating essay I've ever written: I kind of over-thought it, definitely over-researched it, and I'm still disappointed that I ended up unable to use all that material I wrote drawing erudite comparisons between CSI and Le Théâtre du Grand-Guignol —

Let that be a lesson to you. Never love a paragraph, or even an entire scene, you've written so much that you are unable to jettison it in order to improve the whole.

But on the other hand, I *did* manage to find an excuse to sneak in the first few pages of my pilot script for CSI: Duluth, which if I dare to say it, is absolutely brilliant and will no doubt have Hollywood ringing my phone off the hook.

Right about the time that flock of pigs out in the pasture takes off and flies south for the winter...