Friday, January 25, 2008

Friday Challenge Update

Just a reminder that the deadline for this week's Friday Challenge is 8 P.M. CST today. If you were thinking about posting an entry, there's still time; if you haven't read or commented on the entries already posted, there's still time for that, too.




Update to the update, Saturday morning: Oh, boy, this is a tough one this week! Ben-El's entry cracked me up. cartusiae got me with, "Social Justice would point out St. Francis never had problems with the wildlife. Missions would note that Francis was a damned papist." Adam F. had me snickering on Day 15, Claymore got me on Day 7, and I laughed out loud at the entries from Giraffe and Rachel. And then there's Vidad, who I'm beginning to think is in danger of losing his amateur status.

I'm going to switch on the comments, go get another cup of coffee, and ruminate on this some more.

In the meantime, the Friday Challenge for January 25, 2008 is that I'm looking for your best rant on driving. F'rixample, what drives me nuts every year at about this time is that, being winter, people back off on their normal maintenance schedule. They don't clean their windshields, they don't clean their headlights, and worst of all, they forget to check their turn signal fluid level.

That's why their turn signals stop working, isn't it? Because they ran out of blinker fluid?

As always, we're playing by the rather informal rules of the Friday Challenge and playing for whatever is behind Door #2. Even if you're not writing an entry, you're encouraged to read, comment on, and vote for your favorites among the other entries.

Ready? Then gentlemen (and ladies), start your engines!